Here you go…
Note: Joe Mauer likely won’t be a catcher this season and he may play first, right or DH, I put him with the DH Rankings, in my personal opinion I’d stick him at first until Morneau is fully healthy than DH him and play hom at catcher twice a week.
10. JP Arenciba- 8.9 (Rating Overall)- He didn’t have the strongest numbers last year but for a rookie, I thought he was pretty good and I like him. His average won’t ever be .300 but it could climb some as should his OBP. His power will always be his strength and he won’t kill a team on defense. Look for him to improve and I don’t think it’d be a stretch for him to be a top 10 catcher most of his career.
9. Carlos Ruiz- 9.1- He had a strong hitting season last year and though most of his numbers should shrink some, they should still be somewhat above average. His defense and how he catches the Phillies really gets him here. He is a special player in that extent and can handle almost every pitcher
8. Carlos Santana- 9.1- He can go up this list very easy, but on defense he’s below average and if LaPorta doesn;t work out or moves back to the OF, a move for Santana to first wouldn’t be terrible. He needs to work on getting on more and having so more discipline but other than that he’s a dangerous hitter
7. Miguel Montero- 9.2- He’s going to get even better and there’s isn’t a lot he can’t do. He can hit, hit for power, handle pitchers well and throw guys out with ease. His power numbers will continue to go up and he will be one of the more valuable catchers in the MLB
6. Matt Wieters- 9.3- He’s another guy who broke out and should get better and end up hitting a lot of homers and doing everything a catcher should do but at a nother level. He will breakout so more in 2012 but his 2011 was very impressing
5. Mike Napoli- 9.5- His defense isn’t really there but his offense is almost at an elite level and he should repeat his 2011 season in 2012
4. Alex Avila- 9.6- He 2011 was amazing and he’s a great defender who could still get better and easily move up in these rankings. He’s like a machine behind the plate and a truly amazing player.
3. Yadier Molina- 9.7- His offense has some ups and downs but at his season average he’s till one of the better catcher in the NL and his defense cannot be matched by anyone, his 2012 could be very good, plus he is very valuable
2. Buster Posey- 9.8- He looked good and is a special player who should recover from his injury easily and start-up where he left off and pass McCann for #1 soon
1. Brian McCann- 9.9- He’s always there, he is fine defensively and can catch ell and his offense is consistent and all of his numbers will always be at an all-star level, an easy choice, for now